Monday 12 October 2009

Front Cover

For the front cover of my magazine, i decided to part with some aspects of the original drawn plan, this was because i felt that the original design placed out on the indesign document looked very dull looking and also unrelatable to my target audience. i decided to use a colour scheme in my design, i chose the navy blue colour because i felt like it was relevent to the college logo. for my image i decided to take a photo of 'Aimee Kindell' a student at the college, i decided to take her photo in the 'Buttery' because i wanted my image to be in a possitive student friendly enviroment. I decided to use one font only on my front cover as i didn't want my cover to look to clutterd together and un-attractive to my audience, therefore i kept the same font and colouring to insure that this never happend. For my subheadings and titles such as "Autumn Term Issue/Edition" i decided to keep the same font as the titles but changed the font colour to black and added a grey background, i decided to do this because i wanted more of a dramatic affect with the colour change, to draw more attention to the cover and make my audience want to pick it up and read it, also i wanted the audience to know that the magazine would be release a new edition/issue each term (spring, summer, autumn and winter terms) I decided to add the college name down the left hand side of my magazine "SUSSEX DOWNS" basically to present the magazine in a more formal, individual way, reasuring the audience that the magazine is about their college. I created my slogan "Your College... Be In The Know!" i decided on this because i was aiming to inspire the readers to take an interest in their college and whats going on, what effects or benifits them as individual students.





(below: original photo of Aimee in Buttery)



"Print Screen of Front Cover"








No comments:

Post a Comment